The Assistant Coach will assist the head coach with all aspects of the program including but not limited to: organization; administration; practice, training, and competition; travel; budget management; programming; alumni relations; recruiting; fundraising; and adherence to College, Department, Conference, and NCAA policies.
- Assist with all aspects of the program—including but not limited to: competition, practice, and team activities; travel; budget management; recruitment of student-athletes; fundraising; scheduling; etc.—as determined by Head Coach.
- Perform other essential Departmental duties as assigned by athletics administration.
- Foster and promote a healthy, inclusive program culture that prioritizes sportsmanship, integrity, the holistic development of student-athletes, and other core values.
- Adhere to rules, policies, and regulations of the Department, Swarthmore College, the Centennial Conference, and the NCAA
- Assist with creating and executing recruitment strategies aimed at building a robust and competitive roster.
- Follow Departmental procedures in an effective and timely manner.
Who you are:
- Strong recruiting, teaching, and coaching skills, and an ability to build and maintain relationships with student-athletes, faculty, administration, and community members.
- A record of successful leadership in competitive soccer, preferably as a coach, and will understand the role of intercollegiate athletics within the educational framework of a highly competitive academic environment.
- Demonstrate integrity and high ethical standards in all efforts, actions, and decisions.
- Knowledge of sport-specific fundamentals, techniques, and safety rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate sports, preferably at the Division III level.