This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by assisting the Head Coach, Women’s Soccer in all phases of the NCAA Division III women’s soccer program within compliance of Marian University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in preparing practice, evaluation and implementation for the women’s soccer team.
- Assist in monitoring student athlete academic progress.
- Assist the head coach with all game day responsibilities.
- Serve as a role model for the student athletes by continuously exhibiting ethical and professional conduct.
- Assist in monitoring the conditioning and training of the student athletes
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on high expectations for academic achievement; monitors the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on high expectations for student-athlete social responsibility and works to develop well-rounded student-athletes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Three years previous collegiate coaching and recruiting experience required. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.