- Provides assistance to the Head Coach with activities associated with the program and students athletes, including recruitment, monitoring academic performance and social development, maintaining discipline and development programs, fundraising activities, pre- and post conditioning, practice and games. These duties may include transport of prospects and student-athletes to events, practices and competitions.
- Assists in the recruitment of student athletes. Negotiates scholarship offers to prospects as directed. Attends off campus games for the purpose of evaluation and contract. Coordinates mailing of recruitment materials and recruiting information. Maintains contact with prospective student-athletes. Plans campus visits with prospective student-athletes and their parents.
- Prepares, plans, conducts and evaluates practice sessions, as directed. Teaches individuals and groups of player specific tasks and skills before, during and after practice, during season and off-season. Teaches player-to-player sport specific skills. Teaches progressions and drills during daily practice.
- Administers travel arrangements for team by completing the following tasks when requested: organizes flights, buses, hotels and meals for all away games; processes all paperwork before and after every trip; creates itineraries and works with opponents to schedule practice times and shoot around times in the opponent's gym. Supervises and assigns responsibilities to team managers and graduate assistants if applicable. Maintains equipment inventory and oversee distribution to athletes. Follows FIU procedure in handling all ordering of supplies and any funds that flow through the athletic program. Plans long and short term team objectives under the leadership of the head coach.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one (1) year of coaching experience at the high school level or above.
- Successful experience as a graduate assistant or intern in an athletic program is acceptable with one (1) year of the required experience.