This position reports directly to the Head Women’s Soccer Coach and is responsible for providing coaching and administrative assistance to the Head Coach, while serving as the Women’s Soccer contact for assigned athletic support areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all Departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Southeastern Conference and the NCAA
- Assists in coaching student-athletes, which includes evaluating their performance in both practice and competition, and providing leadership and instruction in areas of deficiencies, as required
- Assists with the scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, including on-campus visits of prospective student-athletes
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes, in conjunction with the Strength and Athletic Training staff
- Counsels team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters, to include consulting with the Director of Academic Support in Athletics, the Director for Compliance and other University administrators to resolve problems
- Participates in the collection and analysis of tactical and statistical data of opponents and assists in designing game plans and strategies.
- A Bachelor’s degree is necessary.
- Previous coaching experience at the Division I level is preferred.