Willamette University announces a full-time position for an Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer. The individual in this position assists the Head Coach in the planning, development, and execution of all programs and activities of the soccer program; assists in the execution of practices, games, and other competitive and training programs and events; plays a role in recruitment and retention; and assists in the teaching of principles and techniques to students.
- Assists Head Coach with direction and coordination of the women's soccer program.
- Instructs and coaches the fundamental principles and techniques of soccer skills (i.e. competition, traditions, and sportsmanship) as well as the philosophy of the sport.
- Knowledge of the sport to provide technical support while teaching game fundamentals and skill development.
- Assists in the holistic development of the students by providing leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including assisting the Head Coach with counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting practices, training, and competition.
- Enforces and exemplifies team and University expectations and standards.
- Coordinates and assists in scouting, film exchange, and film breakdown.
- Assists in planning and arranging team meals and travel logistics.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Collegiate playing experience and one to two years of related coaching experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs and major social media sites.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication and management skills; serves as a role model for student-athletes.
- Ability to effectively teach and coach students in both an individual and team setting.
- Knowledgeable on NCAA rules and regulations and adhere to the philosophy and ideals of Willamette University and Division III athletics.
- Knowledge of and adherence to University policies, particularly as they apply to student safety and hazing.
- Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student-athletes.