This position is responsible for assisting with all phases of the Division I Women’s Soccer program at the University of Richmond. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching and student-athlete skill development, recruiting, administrative tasks related to the operation of the program, and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
- Provide student-athletes with appropriate coaching by imparting knowledge of the game and strategies for success.
- Utilize video and other technology to provide instruction.
- Design and implement skill instruction drills for individual and team practices.
- Assist with the oversight of training and team-building activities.
- Assist the head coach in creating a positive educational environment.
- Encourage student-athletes to participate in the personal growth opportunities offered by the institution and the department.
- Work with the Athletic Academic Services department as needed.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in coaching Women’s Soccer is required.
- Ability to lead and motivate student-athletes is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of social media is preferred.