Freed-Hardeman University is seeking an Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach. The Assistant Coach will report directly to the Head Coach and is responsible for assisting in the planning, directing and evaluating of all aspects and facets of a nationally successful women’s soccer program at the NAIA level. Candidates must have the ability to develop players academically, athletically and spiritually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the program’s recruiting efforts by identifying and evaluating prospects, making initial contact with potential recruits, and marketing the university to recruits.
- Maintain records of all recruiting contacts and keep the head coach informed of recruiting efforts. Help coordinate recruiting visits.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the NAIA Eligibility Center Short List.
- Provide academic support for all student-athletes while tracking academic progress
- Assist with the execution of effective and challenging practices during which student-athletes are provided quality instruction and positive motivation
- Demonstrate conduct that is in keeping with expectations of Freed-Hardeman University while always promoting in a positive manner.
- Operate within budget limits and guidelines.
- Assist with the purchase of equipment and supplies while maintaining accurate records and following university purchasing guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three years related experience and/or training; previous coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of NAIA rules required.