Muhlenberg College, a Division III institution and a member of the Centennial Conference is seeking applications for a part-time Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all phases of the soccer program within the college, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the head coach, provide leadership and support to all facets of the program in advancing the mission of the College and Athletics department.
- Support the head coach in administering a competitive NCAA Division III soccer program in accordance with college, NCAA, and Centennial Conference policies.
- Motivate, counsel, and support student-athletes in realizing their potential for personal growth and development as athletes, students, and members of the general college community.
- Assist with and attend practices, training sessions, team meetings, and contests (home and away). (Specific time commitment required will be determined by the Head Coach)
- Assist in promoting strong parent, alumni, and community relations.
- Assist in planning and evaluating program results.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of professional and athletic experience leading to a similar qualification, required.
- Related professional experience required.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the Division III philosophy of athletics and adherence to NCAA regulations regarding operation of athletic programs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and engage with a varied audience, including but not limited to students, parents, College employees, alumni, and community relations.