Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for all aspects of the development and administration of a successful NCAA Division III Intercollegiate Soccer Program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all College and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), rules, regulations, and policies.
- Assist the head coach in on and off the field instruction, evaluation, supervision and development of soccer specific skill and techniques in a successful, safe and prudent manner;
- Organize and direct individual & small group practice activities/exercises as directed by Head Coach;
- Assist Head Coach in all video work during the season, ie: practice film breakdown, game film breakdown, opponent film breakdown, so that it can be used to help game plan and or teach & prepare soccer student-athletes;
- Work with Head Coach in any on/off field strength & conditioning activities both in season and in non-traditional season.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution;
- One to two years of soccer coaching experience at the club, high school or college level;
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of coaching soccer with ability to recruit talented players for the program;
- Knowledgeable and current on all College rules and regulations concerning eligibility and recruiting related to soccer;
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students;
- Current driver's license and good driving record.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Curry College will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.