Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be responsible for being thoroughly familiar and complying with all College, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and United East Conference policies and procedures.
- Assist in coaching the necessary skills, techniques and physical conditioning sufficient to enable each athlete to compete in women’s softball program safely and to the best of her abilities.
- Be responsible for assisting with the on-site supervision during all practice and game situations.
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in softball; seek self-improvement when possible.
- May be responsible for driving a College vehicle to and from sporting events, as needed.
- Assume Head Coach Responsibilities in the short-term absence of the Head Coach.
- Ability to provide instruction, training, and motivation necessary for the athletes to compete to the best of their ability.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
- Developed organizational skills.
- Must possess a current driver’s license.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid or willing to acquire.