Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the evaluation of student athletes and in the recruitment student-athletes in accordance with NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association) rules and regulations through scouting, attending tournaments, and home visits.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Participates in coaching instruction during intercollegiate athletic contests and direct all aspects, areas and components of the sports team.
- Assists with managing all daily operations and coordinates all administration facets of the specific sports program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution and one (1) year of previous coaching experience at a High School or College; or combination of experience and education.
- All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of NJCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- Knowledge of athletic recruitment methods and techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the specified sports program
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lead and guide Division I student-athletes in area of specialty.
Swim Coach new
Swim Team Coach new