Academy of Art University's Urban Knights Athletics department is seeking a full-time Assistant Coach for the Women's Softball team. As Assistant Coach you will prepare all travel itineraries and coordinate transportation to and from practices and competitions. This position assists in all aspects of the Women’s Softball Program to include the following:
- Assisting the Head Coach, with all aspects of the Women's Softball program during pre-season, season and off-season periods
- Maintaining season and off-season workouts for the Women's Softball athletes
- Recruiting, retaining, and graduating successful student-athletes for the Academy of Art University and the Women's Softball program.
- Assisting the Head Coach with the recruiting program
- Ensuring proper supervision of athletes during practice, travel to and from competition, and during competition
- Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge and commitment to follow NCAA and Pacific West Conference rules and regulations
- Providing ongoing oversight of student athlete’s conduct both on and off the field; assisting with conflict resolution, development of positive interpersonal relationships including campus integration with other students and faculty
- Ensuring proper supervision of athletes during practice and competition as well as during the travel to and from competition.
- First Aid, CPR and AED certifications are required.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and effectively engage with others in person and by phone.
- Knowledgeable of all NCAA, Pacific West Conference rules and regulations and be able to effectively promote University requirements.
- Must be able to consistently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Have a valid California driver’s license and be insurable through the Academy's provider.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work evenings and weekends as needed for the University.