The Assistant Coach, Women’s Tennis reports to the Head Women’s Tennis Coach and is responsible for all aspects of the University of Tulsa NCAA Division I Women’s Tennis Program. This position will perform as a positive role model for student-athletes in an upbeat environment which strives for academic and athletic excellence and will establish a professional relationship with student-athletes, staff, alumni, and the general public in an effort to promote the university, and its athletics program.
- Responsible for coordinating all team travel for the women’s tennis team.
- Responsible for assisting the Head Women’s Tennis Coach with the overall management of program including operations, travel, recruiting, equipment, coaching, and team operating budget.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of the university’s women’s tennis program.
- Assist in fundraising for the women’s tennis program
- Develop and implement programs to assist student-athletes in their transition to the collegiate environment.
- Assist in the coordination and management of home tennis matches/tournaments.
Bachelor’s degree; minimum of one year of collegiate coaching and/or playing experience in the sport of tennis; excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills; strong self-starter; ability to work within the American Athletic Conference; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; ability to work closely with a diverse group of people.
The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status. The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/ Veteran.