The Assist Coach for Women’s Tennis reports directly to the Head Coach Women’s Tennis and uses complete range of professional athletics concepts and strategies for developing and maintaining all aspects of the woman’s tennis sport program. Helps the management of specific aspects of the sports program as directed by the head coach such as recruiting, travel and reimbursements.
- Preferred 1 year experience teaching at the collegiate level.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training with a college-level program.
- May need to maintain NCAA certified recruiter status.
- May need to maintain CPR / AED and First Aid certification.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants.
- Leadership skills to mentor and develop athletes.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, sound judgment and decision-making;, be an effective problem solver and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Specialized knowledge of the team sport or activity and demonstrated technical expertise in coaching principles.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.