The University competes at the NCAA Division I level and is a member of the West Coast Conference (WCC). Reporting to the Head Coach of Women's Tennis, the Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting in all aspects of running a Division I Women's Tennis program including, but not limited to: match preparation, teaching and coaching; practices and player conditioning; recruitment and retention of student-athletes; program administration; academic integrity; and donor/alumni public relations and youth programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with creation and implementation of effective match, practice and conditioning plans for the student-athletes.
- Work with Head Coach to develop effective training exercises and strategies for player improvement.
- Assist and/or monitor strength and conditioning programs as needed.
- Direct or assist with recruitment of the best student-athlete within the admissions, financial and regulatory standards and policies established by the University, WCC and NCAA.
- Maintain a comprehensive recruiting database system.
- Assist with the identification of potential student-athletes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the sport of tennis required.
- Demonstrated success at the collegiate or professional level.
- Ability to interact positively with students and fellow coaches.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated success in a coach or playing position at the Division I level required.
Santa Clara University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and California State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.