The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in recruiting and retaining student athletes in an effort to provide opportunities for team and individual academic and athletic; assisting with organizing and conducting practices & competitions; adhering to NJCAA coaching principles; supporting and participating in development, fundraising and corporate sponsorship efforts in partnership with the Harford Community College Foundation; and performing other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director. Assistance and awareness of the academic success of student athletes is a priority for all coaches.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record with fewer than three points.
- First-aid/CPR/AED certifications required.
- Demonstrated expertise in sports strategies.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Prior experience with recruiting efforts and student-athlete retention.
- Prior experience and participation in development, fundraising and corporate sponsorship efforts.