This position will assist with the recruitment, guidance, education and development of student-athletes to achieve their fullest potential with the fundamental characteristics and requirements that are necessary to conduct and produce a successful university intercollegiate women’s tennis program while instilling the importance of academic achievements at the Division I level.
What You'll Do:
- Must communicate and interact with personnel in all support areas in the athletic department, as well as within the university community, parents, alumni, and fans.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport, and actively seek to develop new methods and strategies of the sport.
- Maintain continual and thorough knowledge of all applicable NCAA, Big 12 Conference, University and department rules and regulations
- Assist the Head Women’s Tennis Coach with expense control compliance and administration of the sport budget.
- Coordinate personal recruiting and team travel with the Athletic Travel Coordinator as deemed appropriate by the Head Women’s Tennis Coach.
- Demonstrate an active involvement in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with the student services staff to prevent academic eligibility problems.
- Provide individual counseling to student-athletes, and when necessary, direct student-athlete to seek professional guidance.
- Ensure communication and enforcement of rules and regulations regarding student conduct, appearance and behavior.
- Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of coaching experience, preferably at NCAA Division I level and/or elite competitive experience.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and conference guidelines , policies, rules and regulations with the ability to interpret , apply, enforce and explain such policies and rules.
- Successfully complete NCAA certification exam annually.
- Maintain knowledge of state and University policies and procedures.
- Exhibit strong creative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.