To participate as part of a decision-making team (coaching staff) under the direction of the head coach in planning, coaching, recruiting, administering, and promoting the Women’s Tennis program within NCAA, Ivy League, and institutional standards. The Assistant Coach plays a critical role in achieving the overall goals of the women’s tennis program by providing important recommendations, suggestions, and decisions regarding game strategies, line-ups, priority listing of recruits, etc., as well as offering initiative and independent judgment (e.g., in providing coaching instruction, evaluating, and communicating with prospective recruits and their parents, and representing the women’s tennis program to constituents).
- Strong knowledge of tennis skills and strategies in one or more areas.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to recruit effectively with no athletic grants and highly selective admissions standards.
- Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.