This position reports to the head women’s tennis coach and will assist in all aspects of supporting the women’s tennis program. This includes, but is not limited to: recruiting, daily team operations, practice planning, conditioning, game preparation, video analysis, team and event management, scheduling and travel arrangements. Position requires strict adherence to NCAA rules, travel, working directly with student-athletes and advanced tennis coaching abilities.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Expertise coaching in the sport of tennis.
- Preference given to candidate with the ability to recruit high-level student-athletes.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills required.
- The ability to guide and support Syracuse University student-athletes in their quest for excellence academically, athletically, and socially.
- The capacity to establish a good rapport and effective working relationship with student-athletes, parents, administrators, faculty, staff, and the community is required.
- Assist the Head Coach with various coaching duties at practices and on game days.
- Coordinate practice times and scheduling both at home and on the road.
- Assist as needed with all aspects of team travel.
- Identify, evaluate and encourage the application and acceptance of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA and University policies.
- Assist with prospective student-athletes and families on official and unofficial campus visits.