Towson University is a Division I member of the Coastal Athletic Association. The Assistant Coach for Women’s Tennis, under the direction of the head coach, teaches and provides instruction in the sport of tennis and assists in the planning, promotion, and administration of a quality Division I women's tennis program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides skill instruction for student athletes, which includes independent planning and implementation of a season long plan for a set group of athletes; participates in all aspects of practice instruction and game coaching.
- Under the direction of the head coach, recruits and evaluates prospective student-athletes through the use of New Media Technologies, organizing official visits, including assigning hosts, creating travel itineraries, and managing all budgetary elements of visits while adhering to all NCAA regulations; tracks all admissions through the application process of our prospective student-athletes; and provides instruction to student-athlete hosts on department/NCAA policies & procedures for a visit.
- Assists with academic support, fundraising activities, and community servicing including communication and outreach to alumni; coordinates with Total Tiger Program Director and tracks and maintains accurate records of all student-athlete participation in Total Tiger programs.
- Assists in all team operations including travel, bus, hotel, and restaurant plans.
- Responsible for knowledge and adherence to NCAA rules; completes monthly CARA logs, recruiting logs, and other end-of-year summaries and correspondence within ARMS and in coordination with the Compliance Office.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to train and recruit at the Division I collegiate level.
- Ability to accept and carry out assigned program and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community.
- Ability to pass the NCAA recruiting test and have a thorough understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- A demonstrated commitment to high academic standards for student-athletes and their ability to succeed both academically and athletically.
- A demonstrated commitment to building a positive team culture, and commitment to personal and professional development of student-athletes.