Assists the Head Women's Tennis Coach in formulating, teaching, and coaching technical aspects of game preparation and game strategy for a Division I intercollegiate athletic program. Assists in directing competitions, practice, administrative activities, alumni relations activities, and the recruitment process for student athletes.
- Participates in the planning, organizing and execution of preseason and season practices and contests.
- Evaluates the athletes’ performance and progress to ensure peak performance during practices and contests.
- Oversees the mental and physical preparation of athletes for contests; assists in the development of conditioning programs.
- Scout sand evaluates opponents’ performance and recommends game strategy based on that evaluation.
- Oversees the recruitment of prospective student athletes; evaluate prospective students' athletic and academic abilities and present Head Coach with recruits for final selection.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of work or playing experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience and knowledge of NCAA regulations.
- Knowledge of effective coaching techniques and best practices.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment and ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with school administrators, parents, students and alums.
- Ability to organize and manage all facets of the program including recruiting, scouting, individual instruction, budget planning, monitoring academic progress and success of student-athletes, and general day to day operations.