The Assistant Coach for Women’s Track and Field & Cross Country supports the head coach in the planning and operation of the women's intercollegiate Track and Cross Country Programs, with a specific focus on distance events. This role assists with practice, events and preparation as assigned, evaluates performances, and makes recommendations to the head coach regarding individual participation in events.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or other formal four-year training program in a related field with at least 2 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and playing/coaching experience.
- Credentials should reflect proven success in coaching, recruiting, and in working with student athletes.
- Must be highly motivated with an outstanding work ethic and relentless recruiter.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable of NCAA rules.
- This position requires a clean, valid unrestricted driver's license that has been in effect for at least three years, and the ability meet DOT standards for driver’s license.
- Collegiate coaching experience, specifically in middle distance and distance events.
- Level 1 or Level 2 Certification recommended.