Under the supervision of the Head Coach of Women's Track & Field and Men's & Women's Cross Country, the assistant coach will assist in all aspects of these programs. This includes areas of preparation of training/practice sessions, recruiting, managing recruiting databases and tours, team travel arrangements and all meet planning and preparation.
The successful candidate will provide strong leadership and communication skills; demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes, as well as a commitment to the growth of a diverse community, and alumni base. This individual must embrace the importance of being a visible and engaging leader that has the capacity to work as a team player within the department and College.
1. Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division III Track & Field rules/guidelines and the ability to teach/coach critical meet preparation skills, as well as create and administer a comprehensive training plan.
2. Bachelor Degree, Master preferred.
3. Prior college coaching experience.
4. Ability to objectively evaluate physical skills in the areas of physical potential and mental capability for intercollegiate athletics.
5. Ability to effectively communicate both within and outside the College including, but not limited to, student athletes, parents, recruits, coaches, athletic training staff, and athletic department staff.
6. Ability to work with in the team oriented philosophy in the athletics department.
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends.