Examples of Duties:
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing and supervising practices; maintaining uniforms and equipment; enforcing team discipline and rules of conduct; and developing a recruiting program designed to attract top quality student athletes to the university.
- Reviews, evaluates and scouts games films and recommends appropriate strategies in preparing for upcoming opponents.
- Assists in monitoring the academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes.
- Conducts performance evaluations and counsels with individual student athletes.
- Supervises graduates-student coaches and managers.
- Preferably three to five years of college coaching experience at a four-year institution, or three to five years of experience at the junior college or high school level.
- Bachelor's required, Masters preferred. Preferably in Kinesiology, Physiologym and or Sports Administration.
- Must be able to communicate and deal effectively with a variety of constituencies, including students, alumni, boosters, the media, and the community at large.
- Public speaking skills extremely helpful.
- Must have good organizational and administrative skills.