The Assistant Coach is responsible in assisting the Head Coach in the effective management and administration of all aspects relating to a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student athletes. S/he will assist with all aspects of recruiting and scouting. The Assistant Coach will connect with donors and fans to raise interest in the volleyball program.
- Conducts and manages all aspects of a sports program according to participating conference, NCAA, Rice University and Athletic Department rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Develops and organizes recruiting records, logs, and contact information for a sports program per NCAA regulations.
- Scouts and recruits student athletes and supports future athletes through the admission process.
- Monitors academic progress of athletes to ensure player eligibility.
- Demonstrates game techniques and recommends player position assignments; participates in the pre- and post- workouts; and plans and schedules coaching sessions according to established standards.
- Maintains skill development programs for players.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One year of experience required with NCAA volleyball either as a player or coach.
- Must be able to working mornings, nights, and weekends as team and recruiting schedule requires. Travel required.