The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including coaching, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, budget management, student-athlete mentoring, team travel, equipment, meals, technical logistics, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Achieving a high level of competency in sport skill instruction, motivation, and conduct of practice sessions under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Providing effective sport instruction and feedback during contests.
- Recruiting student-athletes effectively under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Handling the programs daily volleyball operations- coordinating its travel itineraries, and overseeing the teams student managers, gym set-up, etc
- Technical coordination Video and statistical analysis. Have a full understanding/knowledge of Data Volley and/or Volley Station.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics and Recreations Code of Ethics.
- Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence.
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic develo0pment, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes.
- Bachelors degree.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with demonstrated exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience with Data Project/Volley.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills strong organizational skills.
- Ability to support high academic standards and to motivate students.