Reporting to the Head Coach of Women's Volleyball, the Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting in all aspects of running a Division I Women's Volleyball program including, but not limited to: game preparation, teaching and coaching; practices and player conditioning; recruitment and retention of student-athletes; program administration; academic integrity; and donor/alumni public relations and youth programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with creation and implementation of effective match, practice and conditioning plans for the student-athletes.
- Work with Head Coach to develop effective drills and strategies for player improvement.
- Work with Head Coach and staff to review opponents and develop team game tactics for matches.
- Use video software (VolleyMetrics, VolleyStation) to create teaching and scouting videos for student-athlete development and preparation.
- Assist and/or monitor strength and conditioning programs as needed.
- Direct or assist with recruitment of the best student-athlete within the admissions, financial and regulatory standards and policies established by the University, WCC and NCAA.
- Assist with the identification of potential student-athletes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the sport of volleyball required.
- Strong, positive communication skills as a coach and as a member of the Department of Athletics.
- Ability to interact positively with students and fellow coaches.
- Bachelor's degree required.