The Assistant Volleyball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Volleyball Coach in coaching and mentoring NCAA Volleyball student-athletes, recruiting prospective student-athletes, and assist in managing other internal and external areas within the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching/Training. (a) practice preparation and providing instruction and motivation during practice, (b) help in preparation of off-season workouts, © administer individual and group workouts in pre and post season. Individual lessons, practice sessions and video analysis of practice.
- Recruitment of volleyball scholarship student-athletes as follows: (a.) evaluate talent throughout the year, and coordinate communication plan with prospects, (b) reply to recruiting correspondence, © correspond with high school coaches in and out of state,(d) assist in coordination of communications regarding home visits and official visits, (e)assist in coordinating and implementing prospect recruiting visits.
- Summer Camps – Co-Director of Ryan Theis Volleyball Camps LLC. Hiring staff, camp organization, facility organization, camp itineraries and on court processes.
- Scout volleyball opponents as assigned by Head Coach. Analyze scouting report with head coach and staff. Assist staff in practice preparation based on scouting report.
- Coaching. (a) practice preparation and providing instruction and motivation during practice, (b) help in preparation of off-season workouts, © administer individual and group workouts in pre and post season.
- Demonstrate commitment to NCAA rules compliance and student-athlete academic success.
- Leadership skills, ability manage team dynamics, effective interpersonal, and public relations skills.
- Ability to relate effectively with student-athletes, faculty, staff, administration, alumni, and external community.