This posting is to establish a pool of qualified applicants for the 2022-2023 academic year for positions at San Bernardino Valley College. The Head Coach and/or Athletic Director will determine amount of coaching stipend for Assistant Coach assignment, not to exceed $5,000.
- Perform additional working hours, which may include the breaks (spring, summer and winter), weekends, and evenings.
- Take and pass the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) exam.
- Help the head coach organize and execute an aggressive scouting and recruiting program of local and regional high school student athletes and out-of-state student athletes; actively participate and support high school visitations; establish individual contacts with athletes and parent/ guardians; follow-up correspondence/emails; lead campus tours for prospective student athletes.
- Scout opponent teams.
- Assist current and prospective student athletes to the appropriate resource to ensure their success (i.e. admissions office, financial aid office, tutoring centers, athletic counselor).
- Assist in monitoring that student-athletes get grade checks completed by professors and turned in to the coaches in a timely manner.
- Any bachelor's degree and two (2) years of professional experience OR any associate degree and six (6) years of professional experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience coaching high school and/or college age volleyball as part of a club or team.
- Experience that indicates a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.