The Assistant Coach, Women’s Volleyball assists the head coach in all facets of running an NCAA Division I Intercollegiate Athletics program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides on-court offensive and defensive training with student athletes.
- Assist the Head Coach with identification, recruitment, and retention of student athletes.
- Assists in planning and organizing team travel.
- Monitors student athlete academic progress and class attendance in collaboration with the Athletics Academic Coordinator.
- Assists with community service initiatives.
- Complies with all University, Atlantic 10, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Remains current with all changes in NCAA, as well as changes to University, Atlantic 10 rules and regulations regarding intercollegiate athletics, including the requirement for self-reporting any possible rules violations and participation in the annual NCAA continuing education programs including passing the NCAA certification test.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- Coaching and/or playing experience at the collegiate level or above.
- Experience in conducting camps and clinics.
- NCAA Division I collegiate coaching experience.