The Assistant Coach - Women's Volleyball will assist the Head Coach with administration of all phases of an NJCAA Division III women's volleyball program including, but not limited to, recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and training athletes for successful competition, monitoring and supporting the academic success of the student-athletes, and planning and conducting pre- and post-season conditioning programs. All of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of the NJCAA, Region XXI, other federal, state and local obligations, and Bristol Community College.
- Provide on-site coaching during games and practices.
- Direct, motivate, and advise student-athletes to prepare for competition.
- Assist the Head Coach with film breakdown and analysis.
- Represent the college in a positive manner by demonstrating good sportsmanship and collegiality.
- Study the field and remain up to date on the latest trends of sport instruction.
- Use lessons in sport as a platform for overall student-development.
- Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect Bristol's core values while interacting with members of the Bristol community.
- Focus on the Commonwealth's Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience recruiting student-athletes in a community college setting.
- Strong ability to build relationships within our recruitment area.
- Robust understanding and demonstrated inclusion of best practices focused on access, equity, student success, and high impact practices.
- Ability to communicate in a language in addition to English.