The Assistant Coach is the right-hand person to Head Coach, working daily to assist them with scheduling practices sessions, preparing for games and scouting upcoming opponents and future student athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Leadership, Sports Management, Recreation, or other relevant field of study.
- Experience may substitute for degree.
- One year experience coaching Varsity at a high school, club coaching experience with ages 17/18 or coaching at the collegiate level along with video scouting and the breaking down of opponent videos.
- Match/Game Day Management, Video-HUDL program experience for matches, and highlights for recruiting, Recruiting-field level knowledge, networking with 4-year coaches, High school, and club coaches, Fundraising experience, Academic support for student-athletes, Administrative experience.
- Ensures effective teaching and instruction of specific technical skill areas to student athletes; determines appropriate instruction type that would be most beneficial to the student.
- Demonstrates the character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship; attends all practices and games; provides assistance, guidance, and safeguards for each player; provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete; displays strong motivational skills.
- Ensures student athletes grades and conduct are in line with expectations; understands and abides by policies concerning injuries, medical attention, and emergencies; directs student managers, student assistants and statisticians; acts with an attitude of good sportsmanship, personal pride, and pride for school and community.
- Arranges for issuing and storing of equipment and submits an annual inventory list to the Head Coach; collects the cost of any equipment lost or not returned; recommends to the Head Coach budgetary items for next year in his/her area of the program; monitors equipment rooms; ensures cleanliness and maintenance of specific sport equipment; instills in each player a respect for equipment and school property, its care and proper use.
JCCC provides equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals and is an affirmative action employer.