Under the direction of the Head Coach, the purpose of this position is to use athletics as a tool to educate college students. By using inter-collegiate competition and all activities related to such competition, this position serves as a teacher and mentor to help build student character, prepare students for a constructive and effective life, and teach valuable life lessons including work ethic; discipline; resilience; persistence; teamwork and selflessness; goal-setting and goal achievement; overcoming adversity; and leadership.
- Focuses on developing student-athlete skills, helping to plan and execute practices, supporting in-game management, and coordinating a portion of team programming of particular importance. Helps team perform at competitive levels.
- Typically has some impact on developing the skills for a portion of student-athletes.
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate with students by generating enthusiasm through credible coaching.
- Assists in analyzing video for scouting opponents and team development.
- Assists in recruiting and retaining talent consistent with values of excellence and inclusion; assists in developing team enthusiasm for recruitment and retention.
- Supports culture of education through athletics. Assists in academic integration with team, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Requires at least 1 year of coaching, professional or Olympic experience.