The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for an Assistant Coach to support the Women's Volleyball office.
- Assist in all on-court training and practice sessions with specific position responsibilities based on strengths of individual and staff needs.
- Assist in scouting and in-game adjustments. Specific responsibilities will be based on experience and needs within the staff.
- Assist with all aspects of camp.
- Create and implement opportunities for whole student-athlete development in the areas of academics, leadership, community, and personal development.
- This position includes a considerable amount of travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong commitment to NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules compliance
- Excitement about building our program
- Positive and high energy level with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, working quickly and completing tasks effectively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication skills with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Problem-solving focus
- Strong leadership skills.