The Assistant Coach provides leadership, vision, and strategic planning for Women’s Volleyball Program. This position will manage all aspects of the intercollegiate athletic team, which includes and is not limited to the management of academic success, budget management, recruiting, scouting, teaching/coaching volleyball skills, planning and execution of workouts, scheduling opponents, maintaining program integrity with respect to NCAA, PAC-12, OUS, and OSU rules and regulations, equipment ordering, assist with travel planning, and fundraising.
- Provides general leadership and training for a team of 15-20 college aged women.
- Direct workouts and coordinate with strength and conditioning for appropriate training.
- Teach and coach specific volleyball skills and strategies.
- Provide a safe environment for workouts and independently make decisions regarding the nature of workouts.
- Provide a balanced environment with a shared oversight of student-athlete academic progress.
- Engages in supervisory and lead work: plans, assigns, and approves work, discipline/rewards, assesses performance through completion of evaluations, and responds to grievances.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of choice.
- 5 years full-time coaching experience in Division I Volleyball, head coaching experience, or the equivalent (international and/or Olympic coaching experience).
- Demonstrated ability to recruit elite student athletes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A working knowledge of NCAA Division I Rules and Regulations.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.