This position is responsible to the Co-Director of Athletics, reporting to the Head Women's Coach, for providing coaching expertise and leadership for the administration of the intercollegiate women's wrestling program; assisting the head coach in the effective management and administration of all aspects relating to a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes; and performing other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in coaching student athletes, which includes evaluating their performance in both practice and competition, teaching fundamental techniques, and providing leadership and instruction, as directed by the Head Coach.
- Teach Sportsmanship and set a good example of good moral and physical behavior for the student athletes in your charge
- Take an active role in implementing a successful recruiting strategy to attract outstanding student-athletes to attend Colorado Mesa University while remaining in full compliance with all NCAA and RMAC rules, as well as departmental and college policies and procedures.
- Maintain standards of performance consistent with departmental academic and athletic expectations as reflected in the mission statement, goals, objectives, departmental guidelines, and performance appraisal procedures.
- Coordinate and implement, with the head coach and compliance officer, eligibility requirements to ensure full compliance with governing rules and regulations, proper administration of financial aid for both prospective and enrolled student-athletes, facilities scheduling, and contest administration and game operations as necessary.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing all aspects of video, editing, film sessions, download & upload of matches in compliance with the NCAA and RMAC guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required; master's degree is preferred.
- Experience in wrestling at the collegiate level required.
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, demonstrated knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision, the ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities, and the ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic principles of coaching/team supervision.