Sacred Heart University is seeking an Assistant Women’s Wrestling Coach who possesses the coaching expertise and organizational skills needed to assist the head coach in building and developing an NCAA Division I Wrestling Program.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the head coach with the recruitment and selection of prospective student-athletes in accordance with clearly documented roster goals and in compliance with the standards and principles of the operating codes of the NCAA and Sacred Heart University.
- Assist the head coach with organizing, scheduling and conducting regular practices in and out of season within the guidelines set forth by the NCAA and applicable conference.
- Assists the head coach in the development of a competitively successful wrestling team
- Assists the head coach in providing leadership and instruction in the academic, personal, and athletic development of student athletes by counseling team members in academic, citizenship, sportsmanship, and personal matters, as assigned
- Follow the administrative procedures established by the University as published in the Athletics Policies and Procedures Manual
- Provides student athletes the opportunity for a positive experience and climate in which to achieve their academic, athletic, and personal goals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Successful collegiate level coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to relate to student Athletes.
- Knowledge of NCAA Wrestling Rules.
- Knowledge of Women’s Freestyle Wrestling Rules.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong administrative skills.