ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate proper sportsmanship and respect for prayers, officials, opponents, fans and other coaches.
- Work with students to promote strong learning environments in and out of the classroom while providing a safe environment.
- Ability to motivate student athletes to participate and sustain their interest in the program.
- Work effectively with student athletes of varying abilities, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds to instill commitment, discipline, and teamwork.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to and keep abreast of AIA rules and regulations.
- Assume responsibility for inventory, selection and care of equipment.
- Ability to supervisor, organize, and motivate a coaching staff at all levels.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective coaching theory.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid, Current Department of Public Safety Level One IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- National Federation of State High Schools Association (NFHSA) certification, including but not limited to Concussion Course, Fundamentals of Coach Course, Bullying, Hazing &
- Inappropriate Behaviors Course, AIA Information Course, and sport specific courses.
- Understanding of and agreement with the District’s goals of an athletic program
- Knowledge of coaching techniques and human behavior
- Positive, effective communication skills in dealing with students, employees, parents and the community.
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities.