The Springfield, Missouri Public School District is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Coach.
- Analyzes opposition's strategies for game/event prior to and/or during athletic events as appropriate for the purpose of assessing the opposition's strengths and weaknesses for developing game plan/approach.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on their individual performance and/or determining team
- Attends a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, for the purpose of receiving and conveying information related to their role.
- Assists with a variety of supporting activities (e.g. parent orientations, recognition events, banquets, ) for the purpose of providing information regarding the program and/or recognizing participants' accomplishments.
- Develops team and individual practice regimes for student athletes (e.g. strength, speed, agility, nutritional, injury prevention, ) for the purpose of enhancing and improving their performance.
- Evaluates facility and playing field for potential hazards, inadequate equipment, for the purpose of implementing and/or assisting in making modifications or recommendations that would reduce the risk of injury.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 10% sitting, 45% walking and 45% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.