Under minimal supervision, this position will assist in managing and directing the wrestling program in compliance with the philosophies and objectives of the Athletic Department. Assumes responsibility for adherence to rules and regulations governing the College and National Junior College Athletic Association, as applicable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the college and the NJCAA.
- Ability to hire and supervise qualified assistants and student workers.
- Ability to market and promote the assigned Wrestling program.
- A proven record in following directives and being responsible for tasks as assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
- Ability to attend seminars, meetings and other professional development opportunities at or away from NIC.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational polices and activities.
- Ability to integrate resources, policies and information for the determination of procedures, solutions, and other outcomes.
- Knowledge of management methods and ability to provide administrative guidance within area of responsibility and provide direct training and supervision as needed.
License and/or Certifications:
- Current CPR/First Aid, and AED Certification.
- Current valid Driver’s License.