Assist with the Varsity football program for Blue Springs South High School. Duties as assigned by the Head Coach and Activities Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the rules and fundamentals of football.
- Provide emergency First aid
- Maintain a conducive and safe environment.
- Maintain, issue and provide an accurate inventory of school equipment. Model skills of the sport.
- Develop positive relations with student and parents. This includes appropriate dress, language and demeanor.
- Place a team on the Field of competition and substitute players appropriately as part of a well- organized game plan.
- Screen student athletes for membership on a team. When cuts are required because of size limitations, proper judgement must be present to assess skills, aptitude, interest, citizenship, future ability and temperament.
- Provide eligibility lists, rosters and other paperwork as required by administration. Promote participation, conditioning and training through camps and individual contacts.