Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistant Coach for Wresting. Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach, this position will assist in the coordination of a Men’s Wrestling intercollegiate athletic program which provides an opportunity for student-athletes to train and compete on a competitive, Division I men’s wrestling program while attending school to earn a college degree.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a nationally competitive intercollegiate men’s wrestling team within the Big Ten Conference and NCAA.
- Recruits high level academically and athletically skilled male students to attend Rutgers to earn a degree and to compete in the men’s wrestling program.
- Assists in organizing and conducting practices and competitions at a high level of efficiency and success.
- Assists in developing, teaching and instructing the student-athletes in the proper rules of competition, conditioning. skills and techniques on the field and in life-skills and leadership qualities on and off the field.
- Assists in fundraising and public relations events that support the objectives of the program and allow for program enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business demands; a valid driver’s license would be required for this position.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with student-athletes and the media.
- Computer literate.