This position assists the Head Coach with the organization, development and implementation of a competitive NCAA Division I wrestling program. Responsibilities include assisting with scouting, recruiting, coaching, practice and dual meet scheduling, fundraising, clinics, community outreach, and the administration of team budgets of the wrestling program.
- Working with the Head Coach, develop and implement a recruiting strategy.
- Manage the process of identifying, evaluating and communicating with prospective student-athletes, specifically those in assigned weight class.
- Serve as the recruiting administrator to ensure all prospects receive communication, decisions and appropriate follow-up.
- Determine and evaluate all recruiting aspects including identifying and evaluating all prospects, unofficial and official visits, organizes weekly recruiting meetings with staff, and provide Head Coach with student-athlete recommendations.
- Independently manages on-mat safety, teaching, practices and development of assigned weight classes, approximately 12-15 student-athletes.
- Advise the Head Coach about which student-athletes should compete at each of those weight classes.
- Work with the Head Coach in the overall development of the Wrestling program, including long- and short-term team objectives, practice preparation and management, teaching technique, preparing student-athletes for competition, scouting, and video analysis.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two to four years coaching experience at the high school and/or collegiate level required.
- Some collegiate coaching & recruiting experience preferred.
- Competitive collegiate wrestling experience preferred.