The Assistant Wrestling Coach will assist in training, administering, and preparing the Wrestling Team for success on the conference and national level. Oversee all aspects of recruiting for the Program. Other duties in assisting in the direction of the Program include compliance, team travel, and event management. Successful candidate will demonstrate the Wrestling Program’s team mission of “Bringing the H.E.A.T.” (heart, effort, attitude, team).
- Assist in coaching, training, and motivating the program's student-athletes to perform at the highest level through organized team and individual sessions.
- Foster an environment within the program that supports the department's mission of personal growth and integrity, diversity, leadership, sportsmanship, respect, and a commitment to academic and athletic excellence.
- Responsible for understanding and abiding by NCAA, EIWA and University rules and regulations.
- Assist with social media for program.
- Assist with the organization and publicity of camps and clinics.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Wrestling Coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- Collegiate Wrestling experience as student-athlete.
- 2 years of successful coaching experience (collegiate preferred).
- Confident leader, motivator, and self-starter.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills required.
- Valid Driver's license with MVR check required.