The part-time assistant coach for cross country and track and field is responsible for assisting the head cross country and track and field coach in implementing and directing all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III cross country and track and field program at DePauw University.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Understand and comply with NCAA Division III conference and University rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community.
- Along with the head coach, implement a comprehensive recruiting plan for the identification and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- As directed by the head coach, develop and implement plans and strategies for practices and competition.
- As directed by the head coach, schedule games, make transportation and lodging arrangements for team travel.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas. Willing to receive constructive feedback and make adjustments that support efficiency, effectiveness and overall success.
- Consensus Building - Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.