Assist the Head Coach with (1) the recruitment of prospective student athletes, (2) provide input and instruction with the development of the Cross Country and Track & Field program, and (3) various duties assigned by the Head Coach.
- Research and identify prospective student athletes to input into a spreadsheet and maintain/update weekly for recruiting reports.
- Develop relationships with prospective student athletes and stay in contact with them on a regular basis.
- Develop relationships with area high school and club coaches and stay in contact with them on a regular basis.
- Communicate effectively with various campus offices in relation to coordinating recruiting efforts.
- Pass yearly NCAA DIII rules exam.
- Maintain current knowledge and abide by NCAA/HCAC rules, policies, procedures.
- Other recruiting duties as assigned.
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
Standing or sitting for long periods, computer data input, multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions, extensive customer contact, strict confidentiality, detailed work, ability to work nights and weekends, travel, and driving a University van when necessary.