- Candidates should possess the following: knowledge of VHSL rules and regulations; ability to develop and train AA student-athletes; personal skills that reflect positive relations with high school student-athletes, parents and the community; extensive knowledge of the principles of individual and team fundamentals of the listed sports; ability to organize and prepare practice schedules; ability to develop a solid discipline that emphasizes team work and good sportsmanship.
- Previous coaching experience is required.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who hold or are eligible for a Virginia teaching license.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS AND NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
- Duties are typically to be performed in school settings including gym and recreational areas.
- Frequent walking, standing, light lifting and other physical activities will be required.
- The position will require daily personal and close contact with student-athletes to provide instruction.
- The position will also require regular travel with student-athletes to and from matches.
- Regular contact with other coaches, administrators, parents and the media.