To help translate sports participation into meaningful learning experiences for each individual athlete by assisting the head coach mentor skills, demonstrate sportsmanship, and ensure safety.
- Coaches individual participants in the skill necessary for achievement in the sport involved.
- Assists in the planning and scheduling of a regular program of practice (in season).
- Works closely with the coach in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Maintains attendance and other records.
- Assists in overseeing the safety of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted.
- Practices and enforces disciplined, sports-man-like, and safe behavior at all times.
- Maintains discipline and authority over students according to the Lake Forest Discipline Policy Manual.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the head coach that relate to this position.