The Assistant Coach will work to carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach is to instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Education and is responsible for its compliance.
- Has knowledge of Oregon School Activities Association rules and regulations as well as Southern Oregon Conference Guidelines; implements those same consistently and is responsible for compliance.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Works to increase morale and cooperation within the school's entire athletic program.
- Knows effective safety procedures in their sport, plans and implements a program of instruction in safe practices.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Of rules and regulations of the sport to which assigned.
- Of fundamentals, techniques, and strategies of the sport to which assigned.
- Of safety factors involved in the sport assigned.
- Must be positive.
- Should be enthusiastic.
- Should possess a willingness to cooperate and to adjust to various situations.