Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate the ability to teach and coach young people in the fundamentals and techniques of distance running.
- Must understand training philosophy and best practice.
- Must demonstrate the ability to motivate student-athletes to be the best they can be on the course and in the classroom.
- Must possess strong inter-personal skills with a proven record of building rapport with culturally diverse students and their families.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with all stakeholders, including administration, staff, students, and parents/guardians.
- Must provide supervision before, during, and after practices/meets.
- Must plan to monitor and evaluate students-athletes' academic progress in season.
- Must hold a valid Iowa Coaching Authorization or Iowa Teaching License with Coaching Endorsement.
- Experience working with intermediate school students desired.